vendredi 5 février 2010

How to install style files in TexShop in Mac OSX Machine

Michael B. Williams wrote:


I am using the mactex distribution with texshop as my front end.

I have started using a package that does not come with the mactex
distribution, namely cleveref. I have the cleveref.sty file, and
currently if I want to use it I have to keep it in the same directory
as the tex file I am working on.

so, I would like to find out how I can install this package so that I
can use \usepackage{cleveref} from any tex document on my computer.

when I compile I see that texshop looks in the directory /usr/local/
texlive/2007/texmf-dist/tex/latex/ for the standard packages, such as
amsmath. so in this directory I created a new directory cleveref, and
dropped the sty file in it. unfortunately when I try to compile it
says it is missing the cleveref.sty file.

anyone know how I can install this package with my current set up?

Don't put packages not coming with the main distribution there. Rather
use /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local; otherwise the added file will
vanish when an update to the main distribution will be done.

From the Terminal, assuming you are in the directory where the
package files are:

% sudo mkdir -p /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex/cleveref
% sudo mv cleveref.sty /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex/cleveref
% ...(do the same for the other files)...
% sudo mktexlsr

Here "%" stands for the shell prompt, which will be different.
You can also navigate to /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local in the Finder
and copy the files this way. However you'll need to give the

sudo mktexlsr

anyway from the Terminal. If you don't know about "sudo", just do
as stated, giving your password when requested. Of course, this
assumes you are an administrator of the machine. The "mktexlsr"
command makes TeX know about the added files.

Another way is to put the package files in

~/Library/texmf/tex/latex

(~ stands for your home directory). Other users of your machine will
not be able to use the added package, though. With this technique the
"mktexlsr" command is not needed.

Ciao
Enrico

Cite from: http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Comp/comp.text.tex/2008-05/msg00295.html

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire